This document is a report on the results of a usability study. The subject of the study involved the conferencing application of Canvas, a Learning Management System commonly used in academic environments.
The audience for this report are users of Canvas, who include instructors, students, and academic administrators.
I worked on the project with a team of four colleagues and served as the principal author of this report, which detailed the study results.
I also created the interview script and participated in every phase of the project, which was conducted according to the following plan:
- Research the application and analyze its current usability
- Propose specific revisions and create a prototype of the revised user interface
- Test the revisions by observing and interviewing users as they interacted with the prototype
- Incorporate observations and suggestions then test second iteration of the prototype
- Create a report of the study results to include revisions and user responses, accompanied by recommendations for future iterations
Email or call 206-351-8098 to talk about your tech writing project.